Naruto: Path to Jidai
Welcome Guest or Member,
Please have a look around on Naruto Jidai before joining or if you are currently a member please sign on in. If anything Staff will be with you at all times to help answer questions that need to be answered.

HomeJidai IntroFAQUsergroupsRegisterLog in
+ - Return of Jidai (Season 2)- +
+ - Return of Jidai (Season 2) - +
+ - Season 2 Time - +
Jidai Major/Minor Update: v1.6.1 - +
Affiliates
Protected by Copyscape DMCA Copyright Protection
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password

Share | 

Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Enjin
Guru
Guru

Occupation[s] : Crafter of Chakra-infused items (weapons and items), fisherman
Post[s] : 1475

PostSubject: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   June 29th 2017, 15:06

http://narutojidai.narutorpg.org/t1974-time-to-play-hero-quest-re

The academy was the same as usual for Shao. Still a young, inciteful Hyuuga clan member, he kept to his studies and kept working hard. Even though he had yet to master Taijutsu, he was still working hard on his other skills. His use of Ninjutsu was coming along well, and his use of genjutsu was also remarkable for a Hyuuga. In the end, the boy was well versed in their use and principals.

He remained hard at work as he wrote down the practical applications of Ninjutsu in strategy. Ironically, the practice session was soon cut short as one of the teachers had to leave on a sudden mission. The class was postponed, and they were left with homework.

As the bell rung, Shao closed his books and got ready to leave-- till he was interrupted by one of his classmates. "Shao! Shao wait!"

Shao turned around in the classroom to find Mari behind him. The girl smiled as she approached. "I hate to ask you but... um..."

Mari tended to be on the shy side sometimes, but Shao just blined and waited for her to answer.

"What is it?" he asked.

"D-Do you mind helping me with my Genjutsu studies?" she asked and bowed her head deep, her hair falling over her head. "You're so good at Genjutsu senses so I thought You could help me. Please? I wanna do good for the exam."

Shao blinked at her, surprised she was asking for help. From his perspective, she was just as studious and sharp as he was. "Um, sure. I'd be happy to help. We can go over it after school if you want."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   June 29th 2017, 16:25

Shao and Mary left the classroom-- but were soon stopped by another familiar face. Just as he turned the corner, he was met with a scowl by another student-- one who had made his opposition clear with him. "YOU!" he barked at Shao.

Shao flinched at his appearance, but recovered quickly. The spiky haired kid, Kyle was in his face once again. The kid was not a 'bully' per say, but he always disliked Shao for his intellegence, while in class the teacher would pick on Kyle for not paying attention. Shao knew that Kyle was a loud mouth, but he was never cruel.

Still, there was times that Shao had doubts about what was going through the guy's mind. "Something I can help you with?" he asked.

"Kyle! Stop picking on Shao," Mari interjected, stepping between them.

Shao shook his head. "Mari, you don't have to defend me over this," he interjected.

"Stay out of this, Mari! I got words to say to Mr. smart guy." Kyle said.

Shao sighed and stepped right up to Kyle. Already, most of the kids were watching, expecting a fight to happen.

"Well?" Shao said in a calm but firm voice. "You been sneering, glaring and grunting at me for months. So why not you just say it and get it over with."

Kyle sneered and looked at SHao right in the eye. "Listen up. You may be a big shot in class, but I'm gonna totally beat you when the exam comes. Just you wait! So don't think anything you learn here means a damn thing. Cause when I beat you, I'll teach you something real."

Shao just looked at Kyle, the two unblinking-- but then Kyle just turned away. "Okay. I'm sure you will," he said and continued to walk down the hallway.

Kyle however looked stunned as Shao left, baffled how he just brushed him off. "Hey! I'm not done here!" But Shao still walked away, trying to take the better high roll. It was then that Kyle lost his temper, and attempted to throw a punch. Mari gasp as the punch came right behind Shao's head.

A skilled Byakkugan user could easily see the attack coming. They would dodge and step out of the way without a moment surprise...

... but the punch hit Shao in the back of the head. His head snapped forward, struck by Kyle's punch.

There was a silence in the hallway, that Shao didn't block it. Even Kyle seemed surprise as he struck him, unhindered.

Shao, however, was quiet. He took the blow-- though it wasn't a hard one. The sting to his head was painful, but he just controlled his own movement and stood up. Without even turning around, he walked away, as if to not bother to take such a hit.

It left many class mates confused, but out of them, Mari was more concerned than shocked.

"SHao! Shao wait!" she called out, and turned to Kyle mid turn. "You are such a jerk! You should be ashamed of yourself!"

The girl soon ran after Shao, trying to catch up to him as he left.

However, as all of this was going down, another student watched the three-- curious about them. His gaze came to Kyle as he took in his image and attitude. He smirked, scheming something.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   June 30th 2017, 17:06

Later that afternoon, Mari went out to search for Shao. She had followed him out of the school and was looking at the park nearby the school. Many of the students had left for the day, and she hoped to find him to find out what happened. She was baffled as the rest.

However, she soon spotted him.

Shao was sitting upon the side of a ledge that overlooked the river in Konoha. He sat there quietly, observing the river.

"Shao! Shao!" Mari called out, getting the boy's attention.

Shao glanced at her as she came running and stopped, panting and resting her hands on her knees. As she recovered, she noticed the calm but sullen look on his face. Still, he showed no sign of diress beyond it. "Shao... Are you okay? I mean... You just took off so suddenly."

"Sorry..." Shao said and looked back out to the river. " I just... needed a moment to myself."

Concerned, Mari sat down beside him. "Are you hurt? I mean you're not in pain are you?"

"No..." he replied simply, and kept looking out at the river.

Though it was clear Shao was not super talkative, Mari sat down beside him to look at the river as well. She waited a moment, the awkward silence was palpable to her.

"I know what you're thinking. I'm sorry to worry you," Shao spoke up , "You want to know why I got hit by Kyle, right?"

Mari flinched at the question-- because it had been on her mind. "Well, I... I was wondering it, but if you don't wanna talk about it, I understand."

Shao hesitated for a moment himself, realizing he had the option to not disclose the information. He never turned to face her. "I ... I just felt it would make matters worse to fight him back. He just wanted to get out frustration, so if I fought back, it would of only made matters worse. "

"I guess," Mari said, seeing the logic in the decision. "But... what about you? I mean you could of easily dodged the blow. You saw it coming with your Byakkugan."

That only caused Shao to be quiter. He knitted his fingers together and sighed. Mari listened as Shao tried to focus. "It's not the fact that I didn't use my Byakkugan... I couldn't." He finally showed a bit of shame on his face. "I haven't been able to awaken my Byakkugan yet...." He sighed, a look of sorrow on his face. "Anyway, as I said, its not a big deal. I just didn't want to escalate things. Besides, Taijutsu isn't my best area"

Mari understood now and just sat there, allowing Shao his moment to recollect his thoughts. "I'm sorry, Shao. I didn't mean to talk about a sore topic," she said.

"it's fine. Its not your problem. Normally I wouldn't care... My father on the other hand..." she sighed, but then stopped talking, not about to reveal his own issues.

After a moment, Mari smiled and an idea flashed in her mind. "Shao, I know what we can do!" she said with an upbeat tone. "Why don't I teach you. I can help you with your Taijutsu."

Shao turned to Mari with a perplexed expression. He had seen Mari in class, but never seen her with Taijutsu. Her best skill it seemed was in Ninjutsu. "You wanna teach me Taijutsu?"

"Its a fair trade. I'll help you with developing your Taijutsu skills, and you help me with my Genjutsu studies. " she said with an enthused energy. Her wide but sweet smile already seemed to brighten up Shao's mood as well. "What do you say? Deal?"

(Dice roll results: Chakra Control- X2, End X1 +2 from quick learner)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Post[s] : 2424

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   June 30th 2017, 17:06

The member 'Enjin' has done the following action : Dice

'Exercise Dice' : 5, 3, 3
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://narutojidai.narutorpg.org
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 1st 2017, 10:00

Shao looked at Mari, baffled by her generosity. She truly was the kindest classmate he knew and was good friends with her. A little embarrassed, but Shao accepted her offer with a smile. "Okay. That sounds reasonable. I was gonna help you anyway so that would be great if you could help me." he said .

Mari smiled and as she stood up, she extended a hand to help Shao up. He smiled in returned and was pulled up so they could start training.

Meanwhile, elsewhere, commotion stirred as in the shopping district of Konoha, Kyle went flying overhead. "HAHA! Later losers! THanks for the treats!" he shouted, a bag full of merchandice in his hand-- while two Konoha shinobi chased him.

"You thief! You stole that from the shop! Get back here!"

"You're in big trouble Kyle!" another shinobi shouted.

All Kyle did was snicker as he ran away at high speed, hopping from rooftop to rooftop.

For the past half hour, Shao and Mari helped one another with their jutsu. Mari showed Shao how to properly apply his strength in his physical strikes-- using momentum changes in his stance and weight. And for the other half, Shao had his book out and showed Mari his notes he took regarding Genjutsu.

"So if Genjutsu goes through all five senses, does that mean taste and smell too." she asked.

"Yes. Those senses are harder to take notice too. Sometimes it can be completely odorless, like a gas that can create such an effect," Shao said.

"So... if you were caught in a Genjutsu, how would you realize it?" she asked. "I can't figure out how to do that."

Shao took out one of his Shuriken for example. "There are many ways to test a Genjutsu. For starters, you need to understand that it influence your mental state-- your senses. It varies depend on the strength of the jutsu, but the best way to check is either finding something amiss with your surroundings. LIke something out of place, or that doesn't belong. " he explained. "Or another example, say your in a Genjutsu and you pick up an object. The weight of it could be off by its size or mass. Small details like those can give away vital clues that can tell you if you are indeed under a Genjutsu or not."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 1st 2017, 17:53

Mari smirked as listened to Shao explain clearly his definition of Genjutsu. "I see... so even if you can't just notice right off the bat what Genjutsu you are under, you can use your other senses to help you discover it." she explained.

"And how it works." Shao said as he closed his book. "I haven't learned how to use Genjutsu properly yet, but I really admire the art of it. Sometimes I wish I was among the Uchiha clan, so I could be more adept in its use as they can be."

Mari smirked. "Yeah, that's true... but still, Shao-- and I know its a touchy subject, " she said, a little hesitant. "But, you should feel proud too. When you come into your abilities, I'm sure you too will have impressive powers as well. After all, your clan's Doujutsu is counted among the 3 noble eyes in Ninjutsu."

Shao didn't reply to her, but understood her good intent. "Thanks..." He sighed and soon stood up. "Well, if you don't mind, that's enough for me. I need to recover some energy. " He wiped a bit of sweat from his brow, tired from the small exercises Mari helped him with.

"AHA! I found you!" a loud voice spoke out.

Both of them turned to find the same, mouthy Kyle behind them. The young boy had found them out. "YOu can't hide from me that easily. Now, lets finish this!" Kyle demanded at Shao. "I wanna hear you admit that I'm better than you. "

Mari snapped an angry glare at Kyle. "What is wrong with you? Do you need to use your fists to make yourself heard! Stop picking on Shao, you bully!"

Kyle backed up a step, startled by the call on him. "What? Me? A bully? No that's not--"

"Well, what else would you call hitting him! You should be ashamed of yourself!" she demanded.

"Mari, please stop." Shao said, putting a hand in between her and Kyle. "You don't need to stand up for me. " He glared at Kyle, a firm look in his eyes. "I don't care how many punches you throw at me. I have no reason to fight you, and got nothing to prove. This spat of yours is pointless..."

Kyle glared at Shao-- but was soon interrupted by two Shinobi appearing behind him.

Shao and Mari looked up to see the two Chunin academy teachers appeared. "Huh?" Mari gasped.

Kyle turned and jumped at the sight of them. "Oh, um Hi! SOrry, we were just---" Kyle stammered but was silenced.

"Enough, Kyle! You're in big trouble this time!" the first one said.

"Its bad enough you start fights in class," the other one glared, "But this time you crossed the line. Stealing from market square. You should be ashamed of yourself."

(Training rolls: Chakra Control 1st roll, Int 2nd and 3rd roll, Str, 4th and 5th roll.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 1st 2017, 17:53

'Exercise Dice' : 10, 2, 1, 10, 7
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 2nd 2017, 19:00

"What?!" Kyle shouted, as if news to him. Marie and Shao also looked surprise from what the other SHinobi heard. Kyle had been charged with theft from the village, and that surprised the two students.

"B-But I didn't do anything. I wasn't even near the market!" he protested.

"Quit lying. We saw you there," the shinobi barked back. "Enough of this. We are taking you to the Hokage for questioning. "

Kyle stammered as he took a step back. "W-wait a minute! I swear it wasn't me!?" he turned to Shao and Marie, "Come on guys! Tell them I was here the whole time!"

The two looked at each other. "Um..." Marie spoke up, but remained quiet... as both of them just only saw him appear less than a minute ago. "Sorry, Kyle..."

Kyle's eyes widened with shock and frustration. "Oh, come on! I am not a career criminal here!!"

"Enough of this!" The man said and reached to grab Kyle, "You're coming with us--"

KYle saw the man approached and knew it was bad...

Poof!! A sudden blast of smoke erupted around Kyle. The Escape jutsu. As the smoke cleared, the other shinobi ran after him. "Get back here, you little twerp!"

Both Mari and Shao were baffled as they were left there alone again, not sure what happened.

"What just happened?" Shao asked, unsure how to react to it.

"I know... Shao might be a pain at times, but he is no crook," Mari said as well.

The silence lasted for a bit, but soon the two of them both exhaled . "Look, why don't we go into town and get something to drink. Clear our heads after the training we did," Marisaid.

Speechless, Shao nodded and made his way towards main street.

(Training rolls: Nexus stats: 3 rolls= End, 3 rolls= Dex , 1 roll= Int. )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 2nd 2017, 19:00

'Exercise Dice' : 1, 4, 5, 1, 2, 9, 8
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 2nd 2017, 23:13

The two children had stopped at the famous-original Ichiraku's Ramen shop and got a bowl of ramen and a smoothie from a nearby shop afterward as a good way to recover from their studies and training. Even though they enjoyed each other's meals, but were pleasant. By the time they finished, they began to make thieir way for the residential area. Shao was not looking forward going home... but his time with Mari made it all the better.

Still, Shao was quiet in thought. Mari caught on and looked to him. "Shao, something wrong?"

"It's... I was just thinking about Kyle..." he said.

Mari frowned. "Come on... you can't let what he said depress you--"

"No, that's not it," Shao said, his mind focused on what he saw. "I mean, that was very out of character of Kyle." He looked to Mari with a serious expression, concerned about what happened. "He might do stupid things, but he isn't that stupid to steal things that isn't his. He is no criminal."

Mari was quiet and soon rubbed her chin. "Now that you mention it, you're right. Kyle wouldn't do that, even with his pranks. " she said, "So what do you think happened?"

"I wish I knew..." Shao said-- but soon looked up as movement caught his eye. As they neared the end of the street, he saw movement on the rooftops and spotted the kid's spiky hair. "But speak of the devil, there he is."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 3rd 2017, 09:42

They spotted Kyle hopping over the rooftops-- but on his back was a series of goods in a sack on his back. The stolen goods from the stores he had been accused of. "That fool. He really did steal it, and lied to our faces!" Shao scowled, disappointed.

Mari also frowned and called out to him. "Kyle! Stop right there!" she demanded.

However, Kyle turned his head, spotting the two-- and made a face by pulling down his eye lid and sticking out his tongue.

"That twerp...." Mari grumbled, her cheeks puffed out. "Let's stop him! "

"Um... you sure?" Shao asked, "I got a bad feeling about this--"

But Mari didn't wait and quickly jumped up after Kyle. Shao sighed. FOr a shy young girl, Shao witnessed when Mari could be quite driven when motivated. Figuring it was better to stick close, he took off after them, determine to figure out just what was going on.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 3rd 2017, 12:08

Shao and Mari chased after the fleeting image of Kyle all the way to the residential area of the village-- vanishing beyond the trees and allies of the other homes that lined the dusty streets and houses. It took them a bit of time to truly catch up. Despite Kyle's short-comings in the academy-- the kid was fast! Even with them running, he was a speed demon on the run. He had already lost his pursuers from the academy...

... or so the two children thought.

The two soon ended up in a nearby allyway, and landed to the ground. Kyle had vanished from their view and they looked aorund, trying to figure out what to do. "Did he get away?" Mari asked.

"No... I swear he ran through here," Shao said as he kept an eye on the edges of the ally. "But something is not adding up. How did he lose the others from the academy? Shouldn't they had followed Kyle too?"

"Maybe Kyle lost them somewhere?" Mari added, "I mean he is clever when he wants to be."

"No way," Shao said, "Clever or not, our teachers are Chunin. No way they would be thrown off that easily. Something is not adding up here."

The two walked down the ally, in hopes to find Kyle. They passed by a few of the allyways where garbage cans and power lines lined the way. "You are right, " Mari agreed slowly, "But we both saw Kyle running away with all those stolen goods so--"

"GUYS!!" A loud voice shouted.

Mari and Shao turned around, drawn to the voice-- that came from one of the trashcans.

POOF! The trashcan changed and soon Kyle appeared out of the smoke of it-- running up to them. "I'm glad its you guys!"

"KYLE!?" Both Shao and Mari exclaimed in surprise.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 3rd 2017, 18:11

Shao quickly took up a fighting stance, instinctively taking a step to separate Marie from Kyle. "Hold it right there. Classroom antics aside, theft is one act I will not stand by and let you get away with," Shao said. Though he was weak in Taijutsu, he still took the stance regardless, unwilling to allow Kyle to get closer.

Kyle however stopped and held up his hands. "No-- wait, please! This is all some sort of mistake! I swear I didn't steal anything!" Kyle pleaded, his eyes wide with alarm. "I been hiding here the whole time since i got away from the teachers."

"So?" Mari scolded, "We saw you! We saw you running off with all those stolen goods from the store! "

"Huh?!" Kyle's face twisted with confusion. "I swear I didn't steal a thing! You think I'd be that stupid to steal something and get caught in the act?"

Both Mari and Shao had a similar look on their face-- dull, expressionless faces as if to say 'what do you think?"

"Grrrr!" Kyle groaned and scratched his head. "I swear I didn't steal anything! I swear! Come on, this isn't me!"

Shao gave Kyle a firm look. "That's enough! We are taking you to the academy office and--"

"Hey, guys! What's going on ?" someone said from behind.

Mari turned around and glared at him. "Not now, Kyle! We are--- HUH?!"

Mari's scream caused Shao to turn around-- then jump back at what he saw.

Standing on the other side of them was in fact a SECOND Kyle, with his arms behind his head and strolling up to them casually. "Jeez those two were hard to ditch. Why in the world did they think I---"

Shao and Mari were baffled, alarmed to find two of him. The second Kyle blinked at their surprised faces. "Um... what's up? Why do you guys look so surprised?"

It was then the first one looked over-- and both KYles looked at one another.

"HUH!?" Both of them exclaimed.

"Oh brother...." Shao groaned and rubbed his forehead.

(Training rolls: 3 rolls End, 2 rolls Int, 2 rolls Str. +2 for Quick Learner. )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 3rd 2017, 18:11

'Battle Dice' : 2, 5, 6, 4, 10, 9, 18
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 3rd 2017, 19:00

Mari and Shao now were looking at two Kyles. Two of the same kid with the same white spiky hair, deep brown skin and brown eyes. They were dressed in the same clothes and looked alike to every detail. They were all quiet for a moment, unsure what to say.

"This guy..."

"This guy..." the Kyle duplicate said in turn.

"HEY! QUit pretending to be me!!"

They both shouted it almost completely in sync.

Shao and Mari stood to the side away from them, unsure what to do. Both kids saw as the two Kyles began to bicker between themselves. "I'm... I'm very confused right now. What's going on?" Mari gasped softly to Shao.

Despite the situation, Shao's brow furrowed as he recovered from the surprise. "There is only one real explanation. We observed unusual behavior from Kyle, and at the same time, there are two of them. " he explained shrewdly. It was in this moment that SHao's more analytical and cerebral talent came through. "Only one explanation is possible. One of them is an imposter-- another person transformed into Kyle."

The two Kyles glared at one another angrily, both now mirroring each other's movements and was moments away from resulting to physical clashing.

Mari observed them, her eyes not leaving the two identical people. "Well, wait a minute. Isn't it possible this is clone of Kyle that he made to pretend he was in two places at once?" Mari asked.

"Not likely, " Shao said, his eyes glued on to them as well. "The clone jutsu can only mirror the actions of the caster. It isn't capable of doing completely independent tasks and from a far range, " he explained, "The only one capable of this is a Shadow Clone, and that is an A-ranked Jutsu. Nothing any of us are capable of using right now. That means only one thing."

Shao's white eyes peered at both of them-- the two Kyles grabbing one another's face and trying to pull their cheeks apart like a pair of angry monkeys. "One of them, is an imposer transformed into Kyle through the Transformation Jutsu. He would be committing crimes posed as Kyle, so even if caught, the transformed victim would take the blame."

"GRRR! STOP PRETENDING TO BE ME!!" One Kyle snarled.

"ME?! You're the jerk making a monkey out of me! I'd punch you if you didn't have my face on!!" the other one grunted. The two began to pull and push at one another, easily escalating into a fight between the two.

Mari frowned as she saw them scuffle. "Well, this will make it harder to tell them apart. They both act like idiots..." she sighed.

"I AM NOT!!" they shouted back in unison-- and turned back to one another. "STOP COPYING ME!!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 5th 2017, 16:26

Shao could only take so much of this madness, now that both Kyles were pulling at one another, trying in vain to reveal whom among them was the fake or original. It was becoming completely stupid and Shao was beginning to lose his patience. "THAT'S ENOUGH!!" Shao shouted as loud as he could.

Mari jumped at his outburst. Kyle and Kyle 2 stopped mid-pull, their faces being tugged at the same time but looked to Shao.

"Both of you-- step away from one another and stand a meter apart!" Shao demanded, "If I find one try to run away, we will say that one is the criminal!"

The two Kyle's blinked at Shao, but did as he said. They soon stopped talking, but still glared at one another, mirroring one another like a mirror.

Shao let out a sigh, glad he could get them to cooperate at least. "Well, that settles the arguing... till we can solve this mystery," Shao said, "Mari? Can you see anything that might tell them apart? A quirk? A detail of clothing? Anything?" he asked.

Mari shook her head. "No... they seem completely identical. I can't stop a difference between them," she said.

Shao sighed, unable to think of any other way to tell them apart. A good minute passed-- then Mari gasped with exclamation. "Wait-- there is a way to tell them apart!" Mari leaned to Shao, her eyes wide with realization. "Your Byakkugan. If you use it, you can see their chakra-- and maybe can tell them apart."

Shao hesitated at a responce. He bit his lip at the thought. "Mari... You know that I haven't--"

"I know, I know... and I'm sorry," Mari said and held her hands up in an apologetic gesture. "But you should try at least. Please. It may be the only way to tell them apart."

Shao let out a sigh as he realized he had no other choice. Up till now, he had not been able to use it-- as he didn't know how to trigger it. But now in a real situation, he needed it. He then made a hand sign to focus. "Okay..." SHao thought to himself. "Just relax. Focus your chakra, and open your eyes... Please, I want to awaken my Byakkugan..."

Slowly, his chakra began to build up in his body and surge faster around him. He remained calm but soon he felt a change in his eyes-- like a sudden surge of blood to his eyes. Unaware to him, the veins in his forehead and face began to become more defined .

"Byakugan!!" He opened his eyes, revealing the intense glare of the white eyes.

(Training+2 with quick learner. 4 to Dex, 3 to End. Word count going to Byakkugan training this point onward. )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Game Master
Game Master
Game Master

Ninja Profile

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 5th 2017, 16:26

'Exercise Dice' : 3, 9, 5, 4, 2, 7, 9
Back to top Go down
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 5th 2017, 17:22

Shao's senses almost seemed to explode to him as his eyes took in more than he thought upon opening them. His senses were turned to a 360 degree vision. It was giving a headache real quick to be assaulted by so many visual senses at once. He gritted his teeth to bare it, but was able to maintain the jutsu. He directed his attention to what he needed to do-- looking to the two Kyles standing before him. He aimed to see their chakra network. He soon was able to see them like an x-ray-- and then it became the chakra network. He saw it like surging blood vessels, the chakra moving in fast paces between them. There were two different ones, seen similar to color-- however...

... "You did it!" Mari exclaimed, seeing the defining signature appearance of the Byakkugan. "I told you you could do it!" She jumped up excitedly. "Now you can tell them apart and..."

"It's no good," Shao replied.

Mari stopped and blinked at his words. "Wh-what? What do you mean? Can't you see his chakra?" she asked.

"Yes," Shao replied, his eyes focused on the two Kyles, "But the problem is this is the first time I am seeing Kyle's chakra-- or yours for that matter," he said, glancing at Mari's chakra. Hers was a shiny shade of rose, while the two kyles had colors close to white and blue. It was impossible for him to tell which was real. "I wouldn't be able to tell them apart by chakra alone. If the transformation jutsu was a jutsu that continuously drained chakra, I could see that-- but it only required one time to cast to cause a change. So I can't detect any change in their chakra that gives them away."

Mari's expression of excitemen faded, despite Shao having unlocked his Byakkugan.

"YOu mean this moron gets to keep pretending he is me?!" one Kyle argued.

"Oh, I am sooo close from knocking my teeth out!!" the other one grumbled from the right.

The situation only seemed to be growing more and more complicated. "So what do we do now?" Mari asked.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 5th 2017, 19:01

All the while, Shao looked at the two Kyles with his Byakkugan. Even though he couldn't tell them apart, he could see so many details. His hair, his shirt, his stance-- the Byakkugan gave him the ability to see small details with ease. It was if he now had the eyes of a hawk and could spot tiny details naturally. He could make out everything around him-- but no clue how to tell Kyle apart from his imposter.

As the two bickered, Shao's eyes widened-- not from what he saw, but an idea that came to his mind. "Mari-- come here. I have an idea," he said and turned to her. Curious, Mari leaned in closer to him. Holding his hand up and keeping his voice a whisper, Mari listened. ALl the while both Kyles watched them. Both leered at them, straining to know what they were talking about.

Finally, a few minutes later, Mari leaned up. "Will it work?" she asked.

"It has to," Shao said, and turned back to Kyle.

"So..." one of the Kyles asked, "Do you know who the real one is or not? I'm starting to get sick of my own face here... and that's a bad thing!"

Shao ignored Kyle's words. He kept his eyes on them then---

WACK!!

A sudden blow came from Shao as he charged-- and punched the one on the left right in the face. Though his strength in Taijutsu was not as strong-- a punch was a punch and it hurt.

The punched Kyle rolled head over heels and landed flat on his back. Startled, he rolled upward and looked to Shao, his focused Byakugan eyes upon him. "What the hell?! It's me, Kyle! I'm not the bad guy here!" he protested.

"Drop the act," Shao demanded in a cool, calm tone. "I know you're not Kyle. My Byakugan can spot small details-- and your eyes gave you away. You're eyes are calmer, less panicked than Kyle-- and that is what gave you away. Don't bother denying it."

The Kyle on the ground looked wide eyed. "No-no way! But my transformation was perfect!" he said.

Shao's eyes widened with realization and success. "So you admit it then," Shao said, his voice betraying his confidence and victory.

The fake Kyle's eyes widened-- realizing what happened. "Wh-- You... You tricked me!!"

Mari immediately got between SHao and the REAL Kyle, keeping an eye on the imposer closely. "Kyle, stay near me, okay!"

However, just like the original, he didn't approve. "But I wanna smack that fake's grin in and---"

"If you get mixed up with the original, we won't be able to tell you apart again!" Mari said firmly to get his attention and it kept him quiet. "Just stay beside me for now, okay?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 5th 2017, 19:30

It was then that the fake transformed in a puff of smoke-- becoming one of their classmates. A boy with black hair and blue vest and long pants. "Why you--- "

There was a sudden interrupton as movement appeared behind him-- and they looked to find the two teachers who had been chasing Kyle up to now. "So it was YOU all this time, hm?" the teacher said. Slowly the student turned around, seeing them stare down at him angrily.

"Oh crap..." he groaned-- and was grabbed by the back of his shirt to be pulled up.

It was then that the surprise was enough to make Shao lose concentration to his Byakugan and his eyes reverted back to normal. The boy tried to get away, but the two teachers kept hold of him. "You're in big trouble, pal. First you are gonna return what you stole, then the Hokage has some words for you."

As the first of the teachers dragged off the student to be punished-- the second teacher turned to Shao. "You're Shao Hyuga, correct? We saw what you did from afar. You're detective skills are impressive," he commented.

Mildly unsure how to respond, Shao bowed his head to the instructor. "Um, thank you," he replied.

The teacher gave a smile and waved. "I look forward to see your performance on the graduation exam-- and Kyle, try to stay out of trouble for a change," he said to Kyle. Before anyone could reply... he too vanished in a blur of speed to catch up to his colleague and the student they apprehended.

Now that the imposter was gone, Mari let down her guard at last and allowed herself to relax-- as did Shao. However, Kyle blinked several times, and finally let out his more impulsive nature that had been bottling up all till now.

"WOULD SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED?!" he shouted-- almost making Mari cringe by the sound.

"Jeez, Kyle... calm down," Mari grumbled at his outburst.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 5th 2017, 20:09

Curious, Kyle walked over towards Shao with an eager expression. "Come on, tell me! How did you figure it out?" he asked, "How were you able to tell he was the imposter and not me?"

Kyle's question was a reasonable one, and Shao knew it-- but he turned away lightly. He cast his gaze away. "I'm not sure you want to know..." he replied.

"Oh come on!" Kyle shouted, "Don't go all calm-cryptic-crap on me like always! How did you do it! Tell-me-tell-me! How did know he was the fake?"

Mari soon couldn't help but laugh at Kyle's overly eager responce, and soon answered for him. "Well if you want the truth..." Kyle turned to Mari, who just smiled at him. "... We didn't know."

It was the first time ever Kyle became quiet of his own accord as his face twisted to that of confusion. "Um... huh...?"

Moments earlier....

"What do we do? We can't tell them apart?" Mari whispered to Shao.

"That's right. The imposter has copied Kyle down the last detail. He is likely someone we know in school-- otherwise he wouldn't be able to mimic Kyle's mannerism so well either," SHao explained in whispers back to them. All the while, they kept a soft glance at both of them. "But this reminds me of something. Do you remember recon training in class?"

"Yes... but how will this help?"

"If the enemy has impersonated an ally, the trick is to use a code word or something unique to share between them. " he explained and kept a careful eye on them with his Byakugan.

"But we don't know Kyle that well to know..." Mari said,

"I know, but we know his behavior. Which brings me to my final point. If the enemy is mimicing an ally and using all those information, dedicated to uphold the act of faking an ally-- there is only thing an imposter cannot be prepared for." Shao's eyes narrowed on the one he would hit. "Spontaneous reaction."

"Spontaneous... reaction...?" Kyle asked, his eye twitching a bit.

Shao remained perfectly at ease as Kyle struggled to understand. "It was impossible for us to determine who was whom, so we knew we had to risk a gamble," he explained, replaying the events in his mind. "I knew if I struck one, and confront one with my Byakugan, I could convince the fake I was facing that I saw through his disguise-- but the reality was, I lied to make him reveal himself."

Kyle's mouth almost dropped the floor in surprise. "Y-you lied?" he exclaimed, unable to believe it.

"Shao really is smart about this," Mari agreed with her hands behind her back. "With his Byakugan, if he made a claim that there was a flaw in the culprit's transformation, who would he be to doubt it. Shao used it to his advantage and tricked him to reveal himself in some way."

However, with a flustered look on his face-- Kyle jumped over to Shao and glared at him in his face, inches away. "But that means you could of hit me! Right?"

Shao blinked, startled by Kyle's yell. It was clear he was angry-- but it was true. "That was a definite possibility. Yes..." he admitted, but then he looked back to Kyle with a strong resolve in his eye. "But it was as I said. Spontaneous reaction. If I had attacked you, I was confident you could of blocked it. You are much better at Taijutsu than I am..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 5th 2017, 20:25

Kyle was quiet-- his eyes wide for a moment. For the first time, he was sincerely speechless as his two classmates used their skills from their training to actually help him. And that wasn't even all...

"A ninja must see through deception", Mari quoted word for word from their classroom. "Even with all our abilities and powers we gain-- a ninja's greatest weapon is his mind. Shao, you were great. Even the teacher praised you for this."

Shao took the complement with a modest nod. However it was then that Kyle spoke up. "H-hold on, what did you just say though?" he asked Shao.

Shao blinked and answered back. "I said you were probably better at Taijutsu than I was-- so I wasn't too worried a punch from me would really hurt you." he said but frowned as he understood how Kyle might feel and bowed a head to him. "I apologize if I had put you in a tough situation."

Again, Kyle said nothing. He was speechless on many fronts-- but he was clear about one thing. Shao and Mari had saved him and cleared his name from stealing from the Konoha store. "Um... no, its cool. Seriously... thanks," he said.

"NO problem," Mari piped in joining the two of them. "We are classmates. We are piratically allies, so its only natural that we help out one another when it matters. "

Shao nodded. "Anyway, I should be getting home . See you guys in class, okay?" Shao said and began to walk home.

Shao had turned and began to walk away-- but soon KYle's voice stopped him. "Hold on a second!" Kyle boomed, causing him to turn around again. Shao looked to Kyle, his expression now serious. "After all that I did-- I mean... Shao... I..."

He wiped an arm in front of his eyes, as if to wipe away some tears. "I... Thank you, SHao. Mari I would of been expelled if you guys. And after I..." With a sniff, Kyle rose his head high and stepped up in front of Shao. "Hit me-- right in the face, right now!"

Mari looked baffled all of a sudden. "Um... this is the real Kyle right?" she asked, realizing him saying sorry and asking to be hit was very out of character. SHao looked to Mari-- but resisted the urge to laugh at it too.

Kyle was not laughting and just pointed a thumb at his face. "No. I want you to hit me, for reals!" he said, "You let me hit you before-- and I won't feel like I can really say sorry till you did the same to me! So come on! Let's do this!"

Shao sighed and shook his head. "Kyle... I'm not gonna hit you. Fighting won't solve anything here," he said.

"But had I-- I mean the whole reason I wanted to fight you was cause I thought you Hyuga clan guys were the strongest Taijutsu users of all," he said, his tone sullen, "And I really screwed up in how I provoked you-- so do it. Give me a good punch to the face and then we can finally be even. "

"No, Kyle," Shao replied again calmly. "I have no desire to punch you."

"Come on! Don't make me beg!" Kyle now groaned, his tone more pleading. "You'll feel better, I'll feel better-- and I know you want to! I can see it in your eyes!" he added, this time trying to egg Shao on again.

Shao glanced at Mari, his unease clear to her as he tried to avoid needing to punch Kyle. Mari giggled and got between them and gave Shao a wink. Catching on, Shao smiled. "Well how about this... Why don't you treat us to Ice Cream, and call it even for now? Okay? " Shao offered.

Kyle looked up and gave it some thought. Till finally, he nodded his head. "Alright... that sounds fair." he agreed, "Alright... I'll steal some for us easily."

Mari and Shao suddenly went wide eyed by this and looked concerned at Kyle. The boy just had his arms behind his head casually and looked to them. "Dude... I'm kidding."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 5th 2017, 21:28

After the minor scolding at Kyle for his thief-joke. Mari and Shao sat at the top of the city view park-- which sat adjacent to the large cliff where the Hokage's heads. The park had several layers built onto one another-- and allowed a perfect view of the sunset in the distance. Shao had wanted to go home-- but all that was there for him was his grumpy father. He could wait a bit. He was among company he really preferred.

"Wow... I always love this view," Mari said in wonder, and looked up from the sunset to the Hokage's faces looking out at the sunset too. "It really makes you wonder about how far our village has come. "

"Yeah... It does..." Shao replied.

"HEY! I'M here," Kyle shouted as he came hopping up to them. Finding a spot right in between the two, he flopped down on his rear and in each hand he carried Ice cream pops-- wrapped up from the shop. "Here you go." He said and handed them to Mari and Shao.

"WOw, Thanks Kyle!" Mari said and took her's.

SHao nodded and held his own. "Thank you."

As Kyle sat down and opened his ice cream, he didn't hesitate to taste it. "These are good-- It's sea salt flavor."

"Sea salt flavor?" Shao asked.

Mari slowly unwrapped hers and took a taste. She paused as it went down her tongue. "Hmm... It's salty-- but sweet too."

"Yep! Good stuff, huh?" Kyle said and took another bite of his.

Shao slowly took a bite out of his, and was pleasantly surprised how good it tasted. The three of them sat there, eating ice cream as they watched the sunset. Kyle, mischievious as ever, looked up to the first head above them and smirked. "How badly do you wanna draw a mustash on the first Hokage. Hehe... he would look funny with that." Kyle joked.

Mari, however, jumped and glared at Kyle. "Hey! Don't go disrespecting my--" Mari stopped herself and shook her head. "You better be joking cause it isn't funny. "

SHao looked curiously to Mari but Kyle just shook his hand. "Sorry. Sorry... but yah I''m just playing. " he said "But yeah... the Hokage sure can be funny. I hear some of them were not half as scary as they were made out to be. " he said.

"No, but they were the strongest of all the leaf. They are great examples to live up to," Shao said, taking the final bite of his ice cream bar.

Kyle soon laid out on the stone ground. "Yeah, you bet, Shao... cause one day," Kyle said in a dreamy tone as he looked up to the clouds. "I'm gonna be Hokage one day. Just you wait..."

This was new for Shao. He knew many students wished to be Hokage, but Kyle was the first one to say it. Even so, he found it hard to imagine Kyle being Hokage.. by how he behaved. But stranger things had happened.

Mari smirked at this. "Well, I think we all have a ways to go before we even think about becoming Hokage, don't you think, Kyle? Shao?" she asked.

"On that, I agree..." Shao said and smiled to them.

It was then the three became far more closer. Though they had no clue what was in store for them.. it was the beginning of a true friendship between the three children of Konoha.

Thread End.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Enjin
Guru
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   July 5th 2017, 22:17

Training of Byakugan-- 70 meters range right now.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )   

Back to top Go down

Transformation Confusion (Quest thread) (Training )
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1